Get notified of our next release
Is Addiction Really a Disease
A thought provoking conversation with Greg Suchy from Addiction, Alcoholism and the 3 Principles facebook group on addiction. I really enjoy this exploration of what is really true about addiction.
Things we discussed:
- What really is addiction?
- Understanding subconscious thought patterns
- An innocent misunderstanding?
- How relapse in addiction recovery is natural
- How addiction cannot be a disease
- Peace of mind is always present
- How addiction cannot be connected to past experience
- Past behaviour has no connection to future behaviour
- Its simple but not easy
- The difference between psychological and spiritual
- How to really help someone who is suffering
- The value of hope in the struggle
- A simple change in perception can change everything
- Getting a new pair of glasses
- So much more is on offer
- Psychological diagnosis’s are not permanent
- Why the disease concept was introduced and how it grew
- The evolution of addiction recovery